Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Next Ink (yeah baby)

Well, I've scrapped the idea of putting baby names on the leaves on my back, just didn't like the way it would look. Besides, that whole piece, including the vines, is a seperate meaning....SO!
I came up with a new plan...will post sketches when I get off my ass and get them finished. It's going to be the outline of a roman cross filled with the leaves (think looking through a cross shaped window at the vines) with a banner wrapped around and Anthony's name in it. We're doing the lettering in the same style as Nightmare Before Christmas, because I am that much of a dork. I just figured it'd be more legible, and I hate that script-y shit everyone else has on their tattoos. We'll try and fill the background of the banner with white ink to give it a bit more depth, but I don't really know how my skin will take it. Some people just don't really show well with white ink.
I've given up on getting with Ben. As much as I loved his work, and am very proud of the vines he did, he's just too damn busy! He's off in different parts of the world every other week, and his schedule comnflicts with when I can grab a babysitter :(
Found a decent substitute, though, Kat over at The Gobb Shoppe. She's nice, very old school, and had an attitude I am very confortable with. She does very nice grey work. I didn't like the other artists I spoke to because they all acted like they were the shit and couldn't give a fuck less what they were permanently etching into my body. Well Fuck You very much, but I ain't down with that. I was fortunate to have had my work done by one of the best artists in the Northwest, I don't need to get attitude from some nitwit who just finished apprenticing a year ago.
I even had one twerp get all nasty about "I don't do name tattoos, because inevitably people don't want them on their bodies after a while"...dude, it's my SON...not exactly a relationship that will be breaking up anytime soon. Morons...

No comments: