Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Alterna-mommas uniting

This is in direct response to my newest comment...
HI! There's actually quite the collective of alterna-mommies in the area, and we do get together for hanging out/scaring normal people. Most of us connected through Mamatropolis and Punky Moms message boards (see links). There's a local group for both boards on yahoo if you are interested, and there's an upcoming event called Mamafest on Saturday, August 14th at Gasworks park from 12-3. Basically we're just getting together for a meeting face to face picnicy kinda thing. Anybody with a kid and an attitude is invited.
Most mommy groups are a waste of time for 'different' people, as we usually get shunned rather quickly. I friggin hate that. I remember the screwy looks I got when I was pregnant, like "oh my god, they're BREEDING..." yeah, well, bite my pale and tatooed derierre. I'll bet us freaks are going to make much better parents than the hyper conservative soccer moms and microsoft dads we see ploughing through bellevue mall every sunday. Heaven forbid we raise our children to be open minded.
Hmmm...that is probably going to turn into a rant, but I have to get going, so I'll save it for another day.

1 comment:

Mother Hoodlum said...

Just because we both like Jim Norton does not mean you are invited to post inane randomness on my blog. GKeap your pea farts to yourself. o find another rock to add to the collection between your ears please.