Monday, August 16, 2004

Domestic Diva-tude & Dismay

I dance in my domestic glory...I made the world's best brownies yesterday. Okay, yes they were out of a box, but I added a little oompf, and now they are the moist, chewy, chocolatey little pieces of heaen that they are.
However, my tiara was quickly tarnished when I looked around the house and realized I hate it. Seriously, I hate my apartment. Not the shape of it or the size, it's what's in it. See, years ago in my college days, my living environment was so dang important to me that my entire income went to providing me with the coolest furnishings ever. My weekends were wiled away painting murals on the walls and coordinating the bathmats with the toilet paper.
Growing up and entering LIFE made all that go by the way side, and now my apartment is furnished...not decorated. In fact, the only room in it that I am happy with is the bathroom. But hey, $40 at bed Bath and Beyond and that's accomplished.
Admittedly, the compromises needed in marriage have led to mismatched furniture. I awnt to hurl our sectional out the window, but Rick can't bear to part with it. Oh yeah, and we're broke, so we can't afford new stuff even when we do agree on it. *sigh*
CraigsList, Freecycle, and Goodwill...thank God they exist! I'm off to eat some brownies and buy some blinders for myself.

2 comments:

Mother Hoodlum said...

And I wish I had a beer! I'm currently perusing the Ikea catalog whistfully. Once I get some extra cash, I may kidnap you and your van for a trip out there.

Unknown said...

what type of furnishing are you looking for? everybody in the world tries to give us stuff because they think that we need it since we moved into this house not too long ago.

I started a ceiling mural because...well I'm insane. :)