Sunday, September 19, 2004

Raging Liberal Rant

Consider the title of this post before you continue reading...it's gonna get ugly...

I am a flaming liberal. Tree-hugging, educated, crybaby, damn the man, fuck the Bushes Liberal. I am young, I protest. I participate in letter writing campaigns and vote with a vengeance.
Now, I used to consider myself a tepid middle of the road type of gal, and in many respects I still am. I am all for the Death Penalty, I hate superflous taxation (like my goddamn cigarettes which now cost $5), and believe in harsher criminal punishment. I used to look at the presidential and local government candidates as individuals rather than party members. But suddenly our country became this psychotically polarized nation, where there was right, left, and no in between. Even our local voting here in Washington now refuses to allow you to vote outside your party. And the right became so damn right that well, most of us ran screaming to the left.
Bush is a fuckwad. He's a redneck, oildrilling, bomb the shit out of everything and take no responsibility fuckwad. Yes, 9-11 was a tragic, horrible day and I will "never forget", so get your flag out of my face. But this bullshit of parading around "national security" is such a goddamn farce it makes me sick. The reason our national security is at stake is BECAUSE of President Gomer Pile. The reason our troops are dropping like flies overseas is because no one likes us anymore, due to his bomb happy regime. Oh yeah, and despite how many of our armed forces he plunks down over there, he keeps conveniently forgetting that they need to be adequately paid, sufficiently armed and armoured, and have decent medical coverage for their familes back at home. We don't have any allies helping us out over there because the entire world forum thinks we're run by a trigger happy lunatic with poor grammer skills, and they ain't wrong.
And since Bush has forced us to currently live in fear (hello orange terror alert), we are gleefully allowing the government to strip us of our freedoms that we are so determined to "defend". What freedom and liberty are we defending when we allow the government to take it away "for our safety"? It's like taking away a kids crayons and then bragging about what a great artist he is.
Buuuuuuuuuuut, since I am protesting and calling him Captain Nitwit with an Aggresion Disorder, I am now "unpatriotic", "non-supportive of the troops", "a flag burning militant", and the best of them all..."uneducated". Allow me to address these falacies in their order...
Unpatriotic
I love my country, and all that it originally stood for. Freedom, independence, and a decent life for all. We'll make sure it's possible for all to thrive. Yeah, right. In reality, we have very few of those "freedoms" left, as noted by the "unpatriotic" statement. Our freedoms were based on the right to disagree, and loudly so, with our government in case it got out of hand. We've got rednecks freaking out about "them dern foreigners" (which by the way, unless you are a native american living on a reservation smoking your peace pipe, you ARE a fucking foreigner, too. So jump on that ship you are so diligently trying to push from your precious shores). I speak out because I want this country to return to it's glory, it's peaceful, thriving, non-judgemental, all for one and one for all glory. Tell me that ain't patriotic.
non-supportive of the troops
Aside from being a sucker for a man in uniform, I am anything but unsupportive of the gracious americans that are willing to risk their lives for a "real" threat to mine. My father wore that uniform, my close friends have worn that uniform, and some still do. I love those men to pieces, and think our government should reward their valiantefforts by providing them good pay and education, excellent training, the best defenses our taxes can buy them, and completely brilliant medical coverage. Considering how much we've put our national deficit into insane proportions, you'd think we could easily accomplish these tasks. Most importantly, I think the government should make DAMN sure they are sending these men over for a legitimate reason, not because someone looked at us sideways. Oh, and make sure our boys have backup and won't come back hated by every other free country in the western hemisphere.
Flag Burning Militant
I wouldn't have been a militant if the right didn't shove so much fucking doctrine down everyone's throat. I wouldn't be so righteous if I didn't watch the current administration trying to fuck with the constitution and make closeminded Bigotry nationally upheld. I wouldn't be so upset if the Mighty Moron didn't try and tell us that God chose him to lead our nation. I wouldn't want to burn that flag if I wasn't forced into being embarrassed of it.
uneducated
Well, if my degree doesn't stand for anything, maybe my education in the school of hard knocks with a thank-you note from a fucked up life will. There was a time when I needed government medical help, but was treated like shit for it. I watched as what I thought were my basic needs (medicine, a dentist) suddenly considered luxuries by some prick in Olympia who had two SUV in his garage. I couldn't afford my rent because the job market took a flaming nosedive, so I became a stripper, and watched "family advocates" parade in front of the club and prevent me from making any dough that night from my usual crop of three pieced suit business men who didn't want to be seen by their picketing neighbors. I worked with a gal who got raped, but couldn't find a place to get an abortion for the pregnancy the filth that nailed her left her suffering. Oh yeah, she was raped because the area she lived in normally had a decent police force patrolling it, but had recently watched all the cops go bye bye because the assholes making decisions had chosen to make cutbacks. I watched five local schools lose all their afterschool programs and sports teams due to some tightwad fucking up their budgets. I watched the music programs I had gotten so much from suddenly get considered "uneccessary". I watched my not-quite citizened family members suddenly treated like shit because they don't speak English as well as the suburbanite asshole who buys sanwiches from their deli.
So...I am a Liberal, and until our Conservatively run Country can pull it's collective head from it's derriere, I'm going to be one for quite some time.

4 comments:

Nonya Bidness said...

COOOOOL thanks for linking me! im still trying to work out the logistics of blogger. xanga is so much easier to navigate. i usually just copy and paste from my xanga into blogger because i get frustrated trying to make blogger look the way i want it to hehehe! be liberal its better than being a drone. you may like my link to an article about how some people are just blindly following candidates without a healthy ounce of suspicion in their pocket. ciao!

khemystri said...

I registered to vote about a week ago....
Will be voting Kerry...

Peace
-khem

darth sardonic said...

mother hoodlum-
glad to see that i'm not the only one who feels this way. you inspired me to do one of my political rants, and it went a little crazy, but you should check it out if you get time.
keep it up, nice to know i'm not alone.
darth sardonic

khemystri said...

Will you ever update this damn blog....

If you don't update, the terrorists have won.....
LOL

BTW...

Fahrenheit 9/11
DVD in stores OCT 5th

-khem