Friday, September 03, 2004

Birthday Curse Lifted

Well, my shitty birthday curse has been lifted as of last night. Aileen, Nico and I all went out for some mischeif, although we quickly ditched the Matador (they were snooty, not to mention way crowded). Probably the best decision we could've made! We wandered back over to the "Old P", a quasi-Irish pub here in Ballard. It was Bingo night, which basically set the pace for our little evening o' fun. The gals made sure I had at least 2 drinks, but on an empty stomach, those two had me stumbling blissfully. We played Bingo, and although I insisted all my cards had a 25 on them, none of us won a round. I kept one card for a souvenier, as I was one number spot of Bingo...and what was the square? "I-25"...oh, the irony...
Oh well! We still had a blast! Aileen would write "Poo" on her losing cards with her dauber, and I ended up giving myself "Bingo Stigmata" with mine by the end of the evening. Silly, silly drunkies...We topped off the evening with a trip to Taco Bell, where the ladies proudly bought me a birthday burrito.
Honestly, this was the first time any one who called themselves my friend really went to the trouble of ensuring me a good time. Anyone who approached the table at the bar was immediately informed of my day, and I got a lot of well wishes as we left. Nico, Aileen, you guys really did make my day. I'm gonna remember this one!
Even Rick was nice to me when I got home, and tumbled into bed. He had apparently felt ridiculously guilty for his crappy ass behavior, because he actually did go out and buy me a gift. Both of the Harry Potter movies on DVD, which I've been desiring for quite some time.
And apparently even the drinking Gods were letting me off the hook today, no hangover! Well, I better go wash off my blue wrist dots. Enjoy the pics!

The ladies of the evening


Bingo madness


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Woman. I figured you wouldn't be on the web today so I came to check out your blog and see how your Birthday was. I am glad you had a good one. Give Monkey a hug for me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN

Your friend,
Stephanie

Unknown said...

It was your birthday??? Don't you know know you're supposed to advertise that down to the last moment!?!?!?!
Sounds like you had a good time!
Happy birthday mama. ~Thea

darth sardonic said...

mother hoodlum-
happy birthday, looks like you gals had fun. no. 1's birthday is today, but we're actually celebrating tomorrow.
talk to you soon, glad you had fun.
darth