Sunday, May 08, 2005

Morons with Email

Ya know, being the confrontational little tyke that I am, I am fully aware I am bound to piss a few people off with the things I say on this blog. I think we all remember the poignant response in the post "Commenting on a Comment". And honestly, I do get a dewcent amount of hate mail, and I usually just read it, chuckle, and hit delete. And there's nothing really all that special about the one I came home to in my inbox after being out of town this weekend. There were only two emails in my inbox, and one was titled simply "BUSH". I was almost thinking it was a wayward piece of spam, as I didn't recognize the address. But I clicked on it anyways. All it said was, and I am repeating verbatum and in correct type..."YOU ARE THE MORON not BUSH."
Okay. First off, Dennis K Baldwin, from dekaba@juno.com, hello, I don't believe we've met. Since I now have my blog directly linked from my new website, www.motherhoodlum.com, I can assume you came in from there. As my website really doesn't hint quite at just what a liberal anti-Bush kinda gal that I be, I know that in order for you to surmise I think Bush is a moron, you must have read this blog. And in detail, might I add, because my most recent entry to Bush's ineptitude at being our nation's leader was actually a couple posts back. Now, My website is fairly new, and not exactly advertised anywhere, but is now on the profile page at the forums I post on, which would be at Craftster and on the G4 forums. I was checking my recent activity and noticed a few visitors from both forums. Hello to all of you.
Now, being noted that we know how we got here, what we don't really understand is why you were stupid enough to feel the need to email me. And not even anonymously at that. Why, seriously, did you bother? Why do any of my hatemailers bother? Do you really thinking that throwing at such a pithy remark that bares your complete ignorance in it's simplicity would really sway me in any manner? By reading the extremely harsh and caustic remarks I throw out here, do you really think I am going to go cry in a corner because you emailed me a grade school level insult? I can certainly take it as well as I dish it out, but really, people, give me something to work with. Call me names with some panache. Insult with flair and creativity. Express your disntinct displeasure in my writings with a bit more verve than typing in all caps.
Now, I know that the lovely folks at craftster could probably give a flying fuck what political party I side with, so I can guess that you stumbled over here from G4. I've seen a few comments on the forums from dolts who got their panties in a bunch about a breif onair joke made about Bush's lack of brain matter, on the show Xplay. I laughed my ass off at that, by the way.
I love G4, I am an avid gamer and technology enthusiast (better known as a geek). Although I know that the network and resulting website/forums/chats are for people of my ilk, I am aware of the unfortunate fact that complete protazoids who are still in junior high frequent the place. The chatroom is fun, although it is quite overrun with kids who think they are Kool Haxxors who get to talk to college ppl and are all about the next Halo 2 Lan party. I still go back because there are a handful of normal folks my age in there, and there's a small percentage of those kids who are extremely intelligent and carry on a blissfully fun conversation. I try not to lump all teenagers into a "Damn them All" department, because I know when I was a wee lass I was mature, so I like to give a couple of them the benefit of the doubt. And they know better cheat codes than I do.
But by your complete lack of eloquence, your fortuitous timing, and of course, my IP logs, I can assume you are a teenager who came on after seeing a random post of mine on the forum, or you happened to catch a convo with me in the chatroom. Now, since you are a teenager, and you are obviously still being spoonfed your political views by your parents, I can't really go off on you. Although since you are not old enough to vote, you frankly don't have much sway in teh world as we know it right now, do you? But you will, young grasshopper. Since ignorance is only truely bred into our young, might I depart a little wisdom that your parents more than likely haven't? Do some research. Read a newspaper, check a few recent statistics on the web, and check up on a few current AP rips on yahoo. See the world for what it is, not just what your parents are gently telling you. Then, after you've grown up and seen a few truths, come back and tell me who you still think is a moron.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

darth sardonic said...

well said, sister!

of course it will do little to help the poor bastard, cause if he is anything like the ones i know, he's a kamikaze, dive in, make whatever comment, leave, and never return. if i was going to make a comment, of course you can bet i'll be back to see what happened.

but mostly, i just don't fucking care. (about what others think, i mean)

ds

Mother Hoodlum said...

Our little prolific pre-pubescent has just sent me a replying email, which read..."BUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSHBUSH.......BY THE WAY YOUR WEBSITE SUCKS."

Such wit.

darth sardonic said...

i fear for the future!

cause these are the future leaders of america. we're fucked.

ds

Anonymous said...

Give them hell, Mother Hoodlum!!!! Then again, being a pre-pubescent, they already think they are there, huh?