Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Very Interesting Survey from Diaryland

well, most of their user made surveys were stupid, but here's one I liked. Feel free to copy the questions and answer them for yourself.

1. If you could spend one uninterupted hour today with any person alive, who would it be? Why? What would you do or discuss? Why?

Tim Burton, and we'd discuss art. I just think he's be a very interesting person to discuss impressionism with.

2. Which work or home responsibilities do you find most fulfilling? Which do you find most frustrating?

Being a mother is the most fulfilling job in the world. Considering 'play time' is an actual requirement of our daily grind, how cool is that?! Frustrating would be diaper time. If you've ever tried to change a 1 year old that loves crawling, you know exactly how frustrating it is. Why don't they make mini straight jackets for this?!

3. If you could do anything in the world, and be certain of success, what would you do?

Open up a restaurant with my husband and my father. It's been a family dream for the three of us. There's a friend of mine who I'd also have to drag out of hiding to come work with us. I sometimes consider him to be my sanity, and I would have to have him there...by gunpoint if necessary...He knows who he is.

4. If you and your significant other were stranded on an island for one month, what topic would you most like to discuss?

what would I WANT to discuss, or what would we INEVITABLY discuss? trust, these are two very different things. I'd want to discuss our son, future family plans, what kind of house we want to buy. What we'd end up discussing is why we're so damn broke and why money sucks.

5. Is there a topic you would avoid?
Our marriage problems.

6. Besides the necessities of food, clothing, and shelter, what would you most want to have with you?

other than the obvious 'a raft' answer, probably a PS2 with a bunch of 2 player games.

7. If you became more rich than you could imagine today, what would you want to do with the money?

pay off debt, right off. get a respectable home (not Bill Gates ridiculously big, but something we could have a larger family in). Open a restaurant and possibly my own boutique. Pay for private school for our son.

8. If your house caught on fire (and everyone was safely out,) what three things would you most want to save? Why?

do my cats count as 'everyone'? okay, then beyond them, I'd just say my photo albums/home videos (which are conveniently in one box for that very reason), my 6' yall Jack Skellington, the Oogie Boogie doll my husband hid my ring in when he proposed.

9. What things about yourself do you treasure? Is there something that you think you should apreciate more in yourself?

see, if you answer it, your conceited, if you don't, it's false modesty. Aha, there's my treasured trait...the ability to dodge questions!

10. What would you still like to learn to do? Why?

There's so many things I want to learn! How to knit, how to cook chinese food, caligraphy, how to program in SQL, how to make my own puppets...

11. If you could suddenly possess an extrodinary talent in one of the arts, which would you like it to be?

I already do, silly! J/k...I'd like to know how to create puppets actually, and entertain children/adults alike.

12. If you had to define love in a few simple words or actions, how would you do it?

when life just makes sense that way.

13. If you could physically transport yourself to any place in the world at this moment, where would you go?

Reno, NV. I'm really friggin hungry and I'm remembering this killer endless Buffet down there at the Atlantis.

14. If you had to select the sexiest word in the English language, what would you pick?

caress.

15. If you had to name the one thing that frightens you most about growning old, what would it be?

knowing I will lose my father sooner rather than later.

16. If you could hear the deathbed confessions of one person from history, who would you pick?

Van Gogh. Why exactly did he cut off that damn ear?!

17. If you had to pick the most sensual part of your own body, what would you pick?

my back. It's delicately tatooed for a reason.

18. If you had the power to hypnotize anyone for a day, who would you pick and what would you have them do?

this answer could be far too x-rated...it would involve Orlando Bloom and would be MUCH longer than a measly 24 hours... Seriously, I'd hypnotize my hubby to bring me home cigarettes and dinner, then hand me the plastic to go shopping with more than a pathetic $20 limit that I can spend on MYSELF.

19. If you had to chose the one thing that gives you the most comfort, what would it be?

My son. No matter how bad I feel about myself or the world around me, nothing matters when I'm around him.

20. If you had to give up your favorite food forever, what's the minimum amount of money you would demand in return?

I don't necessarily have an all time favourite, so this is not really applicable.

21. If you learned there actually was a Heaven and Hell, what's the first thing you'd change about your life?

nothing, I think I am living a fairly decent life.

22. If your soul was a color, which color would it be?

The colour of purple you see last during a sunset.

23. What's your favorite number? Is there a reason for it?

The number three, it's little and odd, much like myself.

24. If you had to name the one most important ingredient of human beauty, what would you say it is?

humanity.

25. If you could have any room in the world become your bedroom from now on, which room would you choose?

hmmm...whichever celebrity on 'Cribs" has an Xbox and PS2 in his bedroom, minibar, huge bed with lotsa pillows, and a jacuzzi.

26. If you were a natural phenomena, which would you be? If you were a mythological being, which would you be? If you were a metal, which would you be? If you were a sensation, which would you be?

I'm leaving that one alooooooooone.

27. What is the best example of perfection that you can think of?

A 'Black Magic' rose

28. What's the strongest craving you get?

normally, it's when I crave a hamburger for no reason. When I was pregnant, that whole craving system was just SCARY!

29. You discover your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mixup at the hospital, not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the mistake?

no, I love my son because I've raised him as mine. Although I'd want him to be able to eventually meet his biological parents.

30. If Jesus showed up on your doorstep and offered to answer any one question, what would you ask?

Where the hell have YOU been?! no seriously, I'd probably ask if we as a society will ever get better?

No comments: