Friday, March 18, 2005

I need a spiked collar

I'm not talking like one of the bondage collars I used to frequently wear, I am speaking in the terms of a nice rough dog collar. Why? Because apparently I am a fucking bulldog. Seriously, I am known for my hot temper and blunt nature, I snarl at strangers, and I am now the family 'enforcer'.
I am going down to the fam this weekend, as lil' bro was recently put into the rehab facility this week. Mind you, he started the week in a mental facility. Upon hearing how much deep shit he was in, he flew off the handle and threatened suicide. But, since my mother can be so easily swayed, she pulled him out early and put him directly in the rehab program. Now, while I freely acknowledge he needs to be there, I am preturbed that she pulled him out of the other facility prematurely. She's all upset about him being put on medication, which he needs, and wasn't really open to hearing what the doctors there had to say about her son's true mental state. So, since I am concerned that he may start whining and somehow convince her he doesn't need to be in this new place, I am going down to basically act as a bulldog sitting in front of the door and force her to stick to her guns. This kid needs help, and she's not equipped to provide that help. She just needs to stick it out and let these people do their jobs.
Some may ask why I feel so responsible to get involved. Well, let's see, this is my brother, whom I love dearly (otherwise his fuckups wouldn't piss me off nearly as bad as they do). And, well, I know that my family needs the help. Like batman to the signal, I come when called, dutifully. This isn't some weird thing where I am trying to make up for my absence, as I don't feel I need to regret it. But blood is thick and true, and I will always heed the call of family until I absolutely cannot do it. I do realize, too, that the time may come soon where my limit is reached. If the 'rents cannot come to the reality of what's going on with Adam, or allow him to get the help he needs, I will seperate myself from it. I won't be a part of that, which I know would become a bigger nightmare. So I suppose this bulldog persona is my last attempt at keeping this whole situation from collapsing miserably. So, here's hoping that the dawn of this wicked nightmare comes soon, and I will have positive news to report.
woof

1 comment:

darth sardonic said...

good luck with that, hope adam gets himself squared away soon here.

darth sardonic