Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Domesticated Dream Actualized

Well, apparently my good karma bank account finally reached fruition. Rick just called me from work, and we have a dream come true...a HOME. His coworker has rental property in Edmonds that finally became available, and she wanted to give Rick first crack at it. All we knew was that it was a three bedroom house, and that she was renting it previously for $1200 a month. Knowing that the most we could afford would be $1000, we nevertheless went to go check it out.
I instantly was swooning. The three bedrooms were a decent size (rare for places up here, usually they are itty bitty), and there was ample closet space. I had been loath to give up this apartment solely for it's huge closets. It had a full sized bathroom, plus a half bath over by the living areas. We knew the livingroom was supposed to have a woodburning stove, but we had no idea there was actually a seperate den with it's own fireplace. The kitchen had brand new appliances, as did the laundry room (which that in it's own floored me, laundry!). She had mentioned the garage was small, but it's only small because the other half of it had been converted to a workshop. But the best part was the yard. Huge trees, a rolling grass-scape, and a begging to be flowered planter wrapping around the back portion of the home.
When we left, I was thoroughly in love with the place, but disheartened to know we couldn't afford it. Rick offered up that he could at least tell her we'd only be able to pay $1,000, and just see what she said. I shrugged, and held my glimmer of hope, but didn't start packing or anything.
Well, I got the call today. WE'RE IN! She adores Rick, and was just happy to rent it out to a family that really needed it. I skipped around the apartment, calling and writing to everyone I knew. Joy doesn't BEGIN to cover it...but then I got one more phone call to send me flat on my back. This co-worker doesn't just want to rent it to us...she wants to SELL it. Instead of rent, it could very well be a house payment.
Okay, I was hoping I could sit still long enough to type out how ridiculously happy I sam, but I am too excited, and mu7st immediately run around my house about fifty times. See ya!

2 comments:

fleshbasket said...

congrats!!!! good for you guys, when do you move in? next time i'm up, i'll make sure to have time to spend with you guys. i'll even do a little dance for you three. yay. lucky lucky lucky.
smootches,
uncle dom

darth sardonic said...

mother hoodlum-
that is stunningly cool. congrats. will be sure to dance around the house a few times on your behalf. when i have more energy.
darth