Monday, January 31, 2011

Bucket List of 2011

I have never liked the idea of creating New Year's Resolutions, I never seem to get them done, and I always feel guilty come December at how little I've accomplished. I'd prefer to let my life changes just happen as they need to. But! I decided it would be fun to create a list of things I would like to do this year, an attempt to keep myself active and seeking adventure. I had a lot of fun last year on adventures with my friends, so I am hoping to keep the momentum going in 2011. I have a great sitter, and my dad is willing to sit here for an evening in a pinch, so I have very little excuse outside of costs. But I am determined to make "experience" a priority, because I am enjoying life far too much to stop! I felt like I let this part of my life slide a little last year when I dated Jesse, and I'm not sure why. Perhaps it was because he couldn't join me, I felt guilty going out and doing things without him. But that's ridiculous. Even if I end up coupling off with someone, I would still want to be doing these things with friends. If I had a particular partner in crime, awesome! But it's not necessary, and if he/she can't make it out for something, I should be able to go with others.
If any of these ideas appeal to you, please let me know! I need adventure buddies.

More SIFFing! Dave and I did the SciFi Film Fest, and it was awesome. I always saw other people attending SIFF events, and wondered what all the hulabaloo was about. But after enjoying this one so much, I am eager to snap up more of their event calendars. I saw that April is their big animation month, so I am hoping to hit several of those ones.

Spend an entire day wandering through the Woodinville Wineries. There's a massive collection of them out there, and I had no idea til I happened to see a brochure. I've decided this is definitely high on the list!

Do the Seattle Gourmet Chocolate Tour. Yea, it's 50$ a person, I don't care. CHOCOLATE.

Take kiddo to a few of the U-pick farms in the area. Yea, this will more than likely be a late spring/summer thing. We had such a blast out at Beringer for Halloween, and that will now be the spot of choice come pumpkin pickin' time.

New restaurants/new cuisine. I'm a foodie in a foodie lovin' town. In this past month alone I've tried a bunch of new dishes and places I'd never heard of. I want to continue the trend as long as I can afford it, and find other foodie nuts willing to go along! At the end of the year I'll make a list of the best of the best, but so far, everything I've done is fantastic. I may just start posting random restaurants to try on facebook and see if anyone says they're game for a night.

Attempt to hone my beer palette. We live in microbrew mecca! I'd like to get together with a few friends who know more about this and try a tasting somewhere.

Visit the gardens of the NW. I got a brochure the other day, and became enthralled. We have so many beautiful botanical gardens here! I only saw a few several years ago when I was attempting to plan my wedding. I'd love to see the japanese gardens, and spend more time down at the arboretum.

Attend more of the SAM and PacSci events. My membership to one opened up a slew of options, and I am probably going to use some tax return dollars to member it up at the other. Seriously, we live in a city that has so many cool things going on in their museums, I'm an idiot not to have done this sooner.

Enjoy Seattle festival season this summer. I only ever go to a few of the events, and I don't see why I don't attend more. Folklife? of course. Bite of Seattle? I'd be crazy not to! Prety much every weekend there's a nifty deal going at the seattle center, I just need to get kiddo and I on a bus.

Take advantage of the parks/beaches this spring. Anthony and I have 4 kites. We love them. We need to use them more.

Visit the Burke Museum, and the Asian Art museum. I am horrified to admit that these are the two I have yet to visit, and I've lived here 13 years. I aim to cross these off the list this year.

More music! Jamison is my go to concert buddy, but I did not get nearly enough of this awesome action last year. Must correct in 2011! Granted, I can't go to the big stuff because of my allergies, but the small house shows are a crazy good time and I need to get more of these on the calendar. So friends, if you know of a band you think I'd even remotely like, give me enough notice for a sitter and I will join you for some booty shakin' fun.

More...well, you get the idea. What is life without adventure? Dull. So, come on...who wants to come live a little with me? :-)

No comments: