Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Vegas Shmegas

Wrote this before I left, will post since it's still pretty damn applicable...

I'm probably the rare person who started whining upon being handed a ticket to Las Vegas. I've whined even more copiously in the weeks coming up to the trip, as life has made it all teh more undesireable to go to this damn conference. Yup, mama's attending a conference in vegas. How friggin cliche is this?
Reasons why I realllllly don't wanna go:

  • Takes me away from my son for a several day stretch. Although the conference is only three days, it is three days falling right after three more days my sitter was unavailable, so my mom came and picked anthony up and headed back to her place on saturday. This means an entire WEEK without my little squirming bundle of goodness.
  • Takes me away from boyfriend. Yea, you can all roll your eyes, but Scott and I freak if we have to spend more than two days apart. At least I can rest assured knowing the welcome back sex will be mindblowing awesome, but it still sucks not being able to snuggle up next to him for this stretch.
  • My store is laughably understaffed, and I don't have anyone I can reliably leave in charge. I've got a trainee who just became a keyholder, and my part timer who could care less if the whole place went up in flames. Greaaaaaaat.
  • This is of course amplified by the fact that an LCD tech who was SUPPOSED to show up yesterday instead is now showing up there in my absence. My entire home theater wall has been torn apart since Sunday waiting for this asswipe. It will now remain looking like an unorganized pile of shit in the middle of the floor until said asswipe magically appears to rewire the wall. Then tweedle dum and tweedle dee have to put the entire wall back up. Neatly. Priced. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
  • I will apparently get audited while I am gone. No one in my store knows how to do have of the daily paperwork, which will now pile up for three days. Ths all spells out FAIL, which means I get a reprimand from El Bosso, who I am pretty sure hates me, hence he gave me the promotion just to watch me tail spin into doom and possible mental collapse.
  • I fucking hate flying. Like, with a deepseated, white knuckle, hand me the vodka and valium hate. This will be compounded by having to share a metal tube of death with that grating manager in my district whose little girl giggle and backstabbing vindictiveness makes me want to choke her with a vomit bag.
  • I have to share a room with another female manager I've only met once, and may or may not be part of the little clique of female managers who've decided I am too "ungirly" enough to be part of their Martini Monday gang, and have thus conspired to spread enough stupid rumours and vicious attacks to get me fired, or at the very least, adminished.
  • Because our meetings go from 6AM until 9pm, I will have absolutely no time to enjoy Vegas, except whatever I can see in the hotel I am staying in.

I swear, I will update this when I get back and give you guys all the gory details. If there's anything more exciting than "ooooh, I got to play with a new home networking device and it was SHWEEEET".

No comments: