Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Things that make me Happy

I realize that all too often I use this blog to vent my frustrations at the world, and often times come across as an anger filled vengeance demon. However, I am actually a pretty happy go lucky (albeit cynical) human being who tries to keep a fairly positive attitude dedspite the ridiculousness of the world around me. Just to prove said point, it's time to yet again list things! Although this is my list of things that make me happy. Enjoy, relate, disagree, whatever.
  1. Feeling my son's arms around me in a hug that I get just for picking him up. He has recently learned the word "UP" so I reward his utterance and get rewarded myself.
  2. Watching my son break into a giggle-fest for no reason at all. Maybe the air smells funny, I don't know, but it cracks me up every time. I am sure that laughing for no reason will later be a sign of deep psychosis, but in a two year old, it signals all is right in the world.
  3. Fresh Fruit. Nope, never been much of a health nut, but I friggin' love fruit. Ate it all the time while pregnant, and haunt Farmer's Markets still trying to get the biggest bag of Bing Cherries.
  4. Good Flavoured Coffee. Proof that I am not a health nut is my obsession with delicious caffeine. But even decaf makes me happy, if there's a hint of hazelnut.
  5. My cat's insistence on laying on my chest at night. Is kitty breath an annoyance to wake up to, being three inches from your nose? Yes, but it's still cute.
  6. Finishing a painting that took me a really long time. Considering my newest painting method obsession, most of my work is taking for friggin' ever, so all of it has become very rewarding. After all, if it only took me ten minutes, how is that an accomplishment?
  7. Finding awesome stuff at garage sales/thrift shops that I can turn into even more awesome pieces of work. I cannot buy something without tweaking it, it's in my crafting nature. But if I can find something I have desperately been wanting to play with for all of $2, then I am a giddy little thing.
  8. Nightmare Before Christmas. The movie and the vast amount of toys in my collection. The songs still make me tingle, and the toys remind me of how truely beautiful yet simple the movie is. Obsessed? Yup.
  9. Finding a genuinely nice person in the world. I am not talking about some guy, as I am quite married, I am speaking of just coming across decent people. It seems they are a rarity, so when I meet one, I do truely cherish that. To those wonderful people, and you know who you are, thank you for simply existing, and rekindling my hopes in the human race.
  10. A good glass of wine and a good book/conversation to go with it. It's the simple things in life that make me happy. So drink, eat, and be merry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about your husband?

Mother Hoodlum said...

You mean the husband who isn't supposed to read this blog yet somehow feels entitled to?