Thursday, June 02, 2005

Gamer Goil

Moving right along in my geekness vein, I realize it's been some time since I've rambled about games. This is mainly due to the fact that I've been friggin' broke, and we put a mortatoreum on renting/buying games until we got ourselves caught up. But things are getting a bit more stabilized, thanks in part to the financial infusion of a loan from mom, so I was able to rent the game I've been salivating over since it's release...PSYCHONAUTS!
For those who haven't put it together by now, mama has a thing for a very particular type of games. That would be what my husband refers to as "Werid Ass Platformers". Although tickled pink by the likes of Ratchet & Clank, or the Jak series, what really makes my gaming day is those bizarre storylined platformers with characters so obscure even Adult Swim fans would scratch their heads. Games like Whiplash. I even adored Voodoo Vince, although the actual gameplay was a bit clunky.
So is it any surpise that I am loosing my warped little mind over Psychonauts? I mean, not only does it have Tim Burton-esque visuals, but the gameplay revolves around psychics and psychology, with a very tongue and cheek view of both subjects.
So, go rent it, don't buy it, though, there's not a lot of replay to it, and you'll beat it in about a week.

No comments: