Tuesday, June 14, 2005

World of Horrors

Ya know, there are times when I realize I shouldn't be allowed to ever hold a newspaper, much less look at the newsticker on yahoo. I mean, frankly, this world is going to hell in a handbasket, and it horrifies me to no end. Case in point, This horrible ass mother. I noticed whoever slaps in the articles for yahoo ended up doing a bit of quick editing after this story had been up for about an hour, as a particular line of this woman's atrocity (which read, "It's Nicky's time to go," she said in the interview. "When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time.") was deleted shortly after. Seriously, after reading the whole article, I wanted to punch somebody, HARD. This woman doesn't have any charges even filed on her neglectful and completely disregarding ass, and Michael Jackson just walked out of a courtroom today a free man. Now, granted, the prosecutor down there shouldn't have built up a case on a known con-woman's son, but c'mon, we all KNOW that dude ain't right. Can we just lock him up on principle? Or for having insane fans who released doves at the verdict hearing and then promptly passing out? That should be a crime, obsessing so much over a freakalicious celebrity that you actually went out and purchased doves to release if the each count of the charges were found not guilty. I do wonder what that woman would've done if there had been a guilty verdict in there...maybe she'd pull an Ozzy and bite their heads off. Now that would've been something to see on E! Channel...
Oh, let's see what else our world of wonder has pulled out of it's ass lately...ah, the Patriot Act and the assholes who think it's a good idea. Let's give our government the ability to dig deep into our lives without any justifiable reason. Fuck civil liberties and the right to privacy! Religious Cults who have the freedom to completely destroy lives, encourage incest and rape of the youth, and damn education. Yeah, that should really be allowed. Actually, screw that, let them do their thing, but give them an island of their own somewhere near Antarctica where they can't get more people into their fold and then they can just die off.
Ugh, this world is a sick sick place, and I wonder seriously sometimes the wisdom of my choice to bring a child into it (BTW, thank god that as I write this I still had a choice in that matter). I tell myself I can make things better by doing my part to shape the world. I tell myself that if I can raise him to be a free thinking, openminded, intelligent shining beam of hope in the future that things might be okay. So I guess I'll just tip back this glass of wine, cross my fingers, and turn off C-span.

No comments: