Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Am Me


  • I am 30 years old, and I don't feel like that's old, but I'm aware I'm not young, either.

  • I am intelligent, take pride in that intelligence, but don't shove it down people's throats.

  • I've done a lot of jobs in my life, from executive to stripper, and a lot in between, and I regret none of those paths. I am now working on a new one, which I feel is the right one.

  • I love to laugh, often, and at stupid things, and that's ok.

  • I am a mother to a wonderful child. I am a devoted, loving, firecely fighting, very involved, completely enraptured mother to my wonderful child.

  • I am raising a child who is sweet, hysterical, happy, determined, and downright magnificent. And wonderful.

  • I am a parent alone, and I am ok with this. He is too.

  • I am an unabashed dork. I like Hello Kitty, Jim Henson, and Tim Burton. I obsess over all three (ok, the latter two more than the former).

  • I am a proud geek. I love my video games, board games, and comic books, I'm getting into anime (damn you, OB) and my close friends are from an internet site.

  • I am also a nerd. I love studying the brain, play chess, and have lively conversations about robots and emergent theory.

  • If I laugh hard enough, I have snorted. Screw you, I'll just laugh harder.

  • I am an artist, a crafter, a writer. I love being covered in paint and hotglue, and typing out my soul.

  • I love to cook, and am take pride in my talent. I will reach out and learn even more new things about this hobby as I expand my social circle.

  • I have no fashion sense.

  • I hate being a woman because of the above, and my utter confusion by makeup and beauty products in general.

  • I love being a woman because I like wearing heels, and think skirts are great, and I like to smell nice.

  • I am a ninja and a pirate. Or at least a pirate's wench.

  • I am terrified of falling in love, but I do have so very much to give.

  • I may not like myself right now, but I am determined to fix that. Both mentally and physically I am reshaping my core.

  • I am a fierce and loyal friend, and am surrounded by fierce and loyal friends who inspire me every day.

  • I really have collected some amazing people around me, and my heart swells with joy when I think of all of these people. I strive now to show them how much I appreciate their existence.

  • I am exploring a great big world around me, and loving every minute of it. I am meeting new people, going to shows, learning new things, and planning an awesome future for myself and my child. For just us.

  • I've discovered recently that I like beer, and that little fishfry place next to Neumo's.

  • I may be late in getting back into school, but the direction I am taking is more right for me, and drives me more intensely than any path I had thought of wandering down prior.

  • I have weird taste in music, but I am at the age where I can say "I like what I like" and totally get away with that.

  • I have been treated horribly in my past two relationships, and understand now that there's only so much blame I can take for this before I have to realize the other people were just...dicks.

  • I am happier than I have ever been at this moment in my life, more comfortable with who I am, and emerging from the shell of pain a better, brighter, stronger individual. I hated what happened, but now am grateful for the release of my soul.

No comments: