Tuesday, June 13, 2006

New Outlook

It's amazing how your view of life drastically changes when your world is turned upside down like this. I remember previously only looking as far as the week in front of me. I tried not to think about 'the future' too much, because things seemed so bleak, it would only make me more depressed.
But now, given the chance to set things right, I have a whole new outlook on my life ahead. I see my future much more brightly, and full of hope. I'm so close to moving forward at work I can taste it. Although it means having Anthony in daycare for a bit more during the week with the heavier hours of management, I'll be able to afford it. I'm also looking to the fact that soon he'll be able to go into preschool in the mornings, and growing within his own shining little self.
I've set goals, and I will attain them. In my mind I can see a little yellow house, which I can rent with a new salary. Chunk can sit in the window, and I can have a little dog ,too. I've even thought of getting some sort of caged animal for Anthony, like a bunny or a hamster. The house will have a yard, one Anthony can have free reign to play and run like a nutcase, with a sandbox and a slide. I'll have flowers on the porch and an herb garden on the sideyard. It'll have a basement I can turn into studio space, and a nice sunny kitchen to bake goodies in.
It's a small, simple dream, but it's all the more sweeter because it's all mine.

No comments: