Sunday, August 01, 2010

It's a new dawn...

It's a new day, and I'm feelin' fine! That song pretty much sums up the scope of my life right now. I suppose I am considering myself still in the "dawn" of this new world I am living in. I've been in the new apartment for about a month now, and have the last bits of furniture put away. I've settled into the new job, and completely love it. And since Jesse got over his 24 hours of insanity and we worked things out, I am back to enjoying my new relationship. But it's still the dawn, as I don't start classes til fall, and I've been slowly developing the other little bits of my reality.
I got my paperwork in order, so I will be able to go visit Jesse in his home, and see his world. He'll be meeting my friends in a month when he comes down for my birthday. So far all of his visits have been spent cloistered with me and getting to know each other (and kiddo). I've enjoyed this slow build, as it's helped us form a great bond. We're tighter than ever, especially after working out that rough patch. But the time has come to intertwine the last pieces of our worlds...the "other folks". He met Dad (who approves), and I do speak with his sister on facebook. The other sis and I have become penpals. But I've yet to interact with them in real life, and there's still the brothers and his folks. I've never seen his home, his work, or where he tromps around when not trapped in a kitchen. My friends are a huge part of my life, but so far he's only met my sitter and a handful of coworkers.
Relationship awesomeness and intertwining aside, I have been tweaking my work schedule to suit the needs of my impending class schedule, and begun working out the finances for all the last bits of edu-stuff (books, supplies, etc). I may even have found an option for lower cost child-sitting, as one of my coworkers has children kiddo's age who offered to help out. Less money spent on baby-sitting = less top ramen during the school year! And with dad right next door, transport is less and less of an issue.
So the dawn of this new world is looking pretty good. I look back at how things used to be...I can't imagine why I accepted less from the world and of myself. I deserved better, and now that I have better I am basking in these blessings.

No comments: