Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Current Irritants

  1. Daycares I've been calling saying they refuse to take a special needs child because, due to the fact that they adamantly lump all children by age group together, it would be "unfair" to have a child who is not appropriately moving along with his peers.
  2. Finding the toilet seat up in the women's bathroon of my office building. yes, I know it's because the cleaning crew just came through and they are too lazy to lower the damn thing, but for a split second your brain melts in grossness and that's a horrifying moment to greet you in the AM.
  3. Not having a car, and finding myself dispondent at my self-imposed hermitude.
  4. Bus passes are goddamn expensive, but still not as bad as having to pay 4-fucking-dollars a gallon at the pump.
  5. Desperately wanting to take a vacation, a REAL vacation, but not having the money due to the recent paycut, and having a mate who displays zero interest in accompanying me.
  6. Cat boxes stink. Why do such adorable creatures have to piss amonia?!
  7. A very stubborn kiddo refusing to take his nap, and me feeling like crap for forcing him to take one. But hey, those non-napped afternoon megafits are a gruesome reminder of the worth of the few moments of feeling guilty at hearing him whine.
  8. Realizing I've spent the past two years of my life trying to "get a grip on things", and I still feel no where close, often times I feel even further. Like...two years further.
  9. Feeling like certain issues in my life are barely hanging on by a thread, but too terrified and tired of talking about it.
  10. I don't have to pry open random items with my nails anymore at work but still can't keep my polish from chipping.
  11. Knowing I should try to quit smoking again, having a billion reasons to do so, but lacking the willpower.
  12. Not having enough damn storage space in this apartment, but I have no idea what all the crap currently filling said space even is.

No comments: